Washing machine / laundry tub plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bradatkins, Nov 4, 2010.

1. bradatkins

bradatkins New Member

Hi -

I'm looking at dry walling my basement walls in my laundry room. Before I do that, I wanted to make sure what I have is OK.

If it's not, any suggestions to clean it up if necessary would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Brad

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Are you putting a vent on the laundry tub trap arm before it enters the stack? The vent should be vertical until it's above the standpipe for the washer.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. bradatkins

bradatkins New Member

Hey Terry -

Currently the vent comes into the p-trap arm (ie at the end of the ptrap) horizontally (ie not from the top).

Are you saying that the last section of the vent pipe that's running horizontally needs to come in vertically on the p-trap arm?

I've attached another diagram. My apologies if I'm not understanding correctly.

Thanks for your patience.

Brad

Attached Files:

5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

A vent pipe can not be horizontal ( lower than 45º) until it is 6" above the rim of the highest fixture...the sink or standpipe. By convention, we use 42" above floor level for that reference.

6. bradatkins

bradatkins New Member

Ahh ok, so like the revised attached?

Attached Files: