Washing machine and Laundry Tub basement remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

RemodelingHomeowner

Reaction score
Hi - I am looking to change around some of the piping that I have in my basement as my washing machine currently drains into the laundry tub and the laundry tub is in between the washing machine and the dryer. I made a very rudimentary picture that is that i was planning on doing. Is this up to code?

A = 1 1/2 copper pipe. This pipe is the drain pipe for the kitchen sink

B = 1 1/2 to 2 inch Fernco

C = 2 inch cleanout T

D = 2 inch sanitary tee

E = 2 inch sanitary tee

F = 2 inch P trap

G = washing machine drain pipe

H = 2 inch PVC pipe that will have a 90 degree bend with a short piece of pipe and then a trap adapter for the laundry tub. The laundry tub drain and p trap is 1 1/2

Attachments

• BasementRemodel.png
    BasementRemodel.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 636

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Both the laundry tray and the washer will need a vent "before" entering the waste stack that the kitchen uses.

The rubber Fernco you have picturered is the wrong type of coupling. It should have a metal wrap on it to prevent that pipes from shifting over to one side.

RemodelingHomeowner

Reaction score
Both the laundry tray and the washer will need a vent "before" entering the waste stack that the kitchen uses.

The rubber Fernco you have picturered is the wrong type of coupling. It should have a metal wrap on it to prevent that pipes from shifting over to one side.

Thanks Terry. Where would I place the vents? Would they be between the P trap and the waste stack that the kitchen uses or between the P Trap and where the laundry tub and washer drain? Also, living in PA (Pittsburgh specifically) are there specific heights that these must all be at?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks