Tub Filler (Spout) Replacement

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by RW, Jun 23, 2005.

1. RW

RW New Member

I'm replacing what appears to be a Delta tub filler, (spout with diverter). The diverter is activated with a pull down motion at the filler end. The spout is chrom plated plastic and the guts appear to be one piece except for the diverter. The pull down end is round, made of plastic with the diverter built into the end of the spout.

I unscrewed the spout to remove it. Thereis a larger brass fitting soldered to the 1/2 inch pipe that protrudes from the wall. The brass fitting is about 2 3/4 inches long. On the wall end it is threaded with 1 1/4 inch threads. The spout mounts by screwing onto the 1 1/4 inch threaded end of the brass fitting. The other end nearest the outlet end has an "O" ring fitted in a groove.

I can't find a replacement filler with the necessary insides to mount to the brass fitting on the 1/2 inch pipe. Which is about 4" inches long. Most replacement fillers are 1/2 or 3/4 inches inside diameter. I may have to unsolder the brass fitting to use the replacement fillers found at home depot or lowes.

Any sugestions?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Delta spout will fit right on that.

If you use other replacements, you will need to remove the Delta fitting.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spout

The OEM Delta spout will attach to that piece. Do not forget to replace the "O" ring in the groove before screwing it on.
  4. RW

RW New Member

Thanks guys. Didn't realize the new filler would come with the brass fitting.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

filler

It will but you can reuse the old one.