TOTO toilet dimensions from pipe to front

Users who are viewing this thread

walkerj

Reaction score
I was interested in the Toto Drake, but it looks like I only have 18 inches from the pipe center (bolts) to the door path and not 18 and a half. Looks like most need 18 and a half, maybe a little more if the lid extends past the front of the toilet. Not all of the toilets have that dimension on them. I thought the round ones would be shorter, but they appear to be the same. I have a 12+ inch rough-in. I wanted a one piece elongated. The old one appears to be about 16 inches for that dimension.

Any idea what that dimension is on the others?

Can I change a 1.6 to a 1.28 just by changing the flapper?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Drake and Ultramax can be ordered with either the 1.6 gallon parts or the 1.28 gallon parts.

The elongated bowls, which are 28" long, normally have about 1" of space at the back with a 12" rough.

That nomally makes it 29" from the wall to the end of the bowl on a 12" rough.

walkerj

Reaction score
Right, but in my case, it is a tight fit. In this diagram, it shows me the measurement that I need to know - bolts to the front 18.5, but I need 18.0 inches or less and other installation manuals for Toto do not give that dimension. See the attached diagram.

It should be 17" from the center of the drain to the end of the bowl.

Attachments

• toilet.gif
    toilet.gif
    7 KB · Views: 43,626
Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
I've also got a narrow spot and unfortunately I went with the American standard compact EL(2007) since it's only 27.?? inches from wall to front. (it's good at flushing golf balls, but not long slender objects due to the sharp bend before the flange)

Given the tight tolerances you might have to measure it at a store.

If the hole to wall distance is known you might be able to do some math, however most manufactures add in tolerances to the drawings to compensate for manufacturing variations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks