Toto Softclose Doesn't Close?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by robchronos, Aug 14, 2007.

1. robchronos

robchronos New Member

I just bought a Toto Drake for my downstairs bathroom and decided to spring for the softclose seat. I figured I better do this so our kids won't constantly drop the lid thinking it's a softclose seat like on the Toto Soirees we have upstairs.

Anyway, the softclose lid for the Drake is a different design than on the Soiree and I find that it's very hard to close if you're just closing the lid (rather than the lid AND the seat together). I have to push the lid down about 80% of the way before it will close by itself; otherwise, it just sits there in mid-air.

The hinge is clearly too tight for the weight of the lid by itself. Is there any way to adjust the tension on the hinge? Or will it loosen up a bit after using it for a while? As it is, the softclose action really doesn't do much other than make it kind of difficult to close the lid. :(

Thanks for any comments!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've never seen that happen, that the lid won't fall down.
    They do loosen up a bit after you use them though.
  3. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Seats are under warranty for a year, if it's not working properly bring it back to where you got it and exchange it.