Toto Softclose Doesn't Close?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by robchronos, Aug 14, 2007.

1. robchronos

robchronos New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    I just bought a Toto Drake for my downstairs bathroom and decided to spring for the softclose seat. I figured I better do this so our kids won't constantly drop the lid thinking it's a softclose seat like on the Toto Soirees we have upstairs.

Anyway, the softclose lid for the Drake is a different design than on the Soiree and I find that it's very hard to close if you're just closing the lid (rather than the lid AND the seat together). I have to push the lid down about 80% of the way before it will close by itself; otherwise, it just sits there in mid-air.

The hinge is clearly too tight for the weight of the lid by itself. Is there any way to adjust the tension on the hinge? Or will it loosen up a bit after using it for a while? As it is, the softclose action really doesn't do much other than make it kind of difficult to close the lid. :(

Thanks for any comments!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    I've never seen that happen, that the lid won't fall down.
    They do loosen up a bit after you use them though.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Apr 23, 2007
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
    Ontario, Canada
    Seats are under warranty for a year, if it's not working properly bring it back to where you got it and exchange it.