Toto Softclose Doesn't Close?

Users who are viewing this thread

robchronos

Reaction score
I just bought a Toto Drake for my downstairs bathroom and decided to spring for the softclose seat. I figured I better do this so our kids won't constantly drop the lid thinking it's a softclose seat like on the Toto Soirees we have upstairs.

Anyway, the softclose lid for the Drake is a different design than on the Soiree and I find that it's very hard to close if you're just closing the lid (rather than the lid AND the seat together). I have to push the lid down about 80% of the way before it will close by itself; otherwise, it just sits there in mid-air.

The hinge is clearly too tight for the weight of the lid by itself. Is there any way to adjust the tension on the hinge? Or will it loosen up a bit after using it for a while? As it is, the softclose action really doesn't do much other than make it kind of difficult to close the lid. :(

Thanks for any comments!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Seats are under warranty for a year, if it's not working properly bring it back to where you got it and exchange it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks