Toto Promenade is always clogging...help!

Users who are viewing this thread

srg215

Reaction score
We are in a new construction home. Just moved in 4 months ago. We have 5 Toto toilets. 4 of them are Drakes upstairs and they all work perfectly. The other one is the Promenade in the powder room and it clogs from nothing all the time! Would this be a toilet problem where I should call the place I bought the toilet from, or would it be a plumbing issue? where do i start?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would run a closet auger through the trapway to see if the workers left any garbage behind.
Sometimes construction workers use the toilets as trash bins.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some have been known to clean their mortar and grout tools in a toilet! This can really gum things up...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Maybe...a toilet auger only goes maybe 4-5' and it doesn't always catch something small in the toilet (such as a pen, pencil, comb, toy, etc.). If there is a partial clog somewhere down the drain, a full-size cutter head might be needed and it might need to be quite long. Without knowing the layout of your drains, it's hard to say as that toilet might be on a dedicated line to the main drain, and the only one affected by a clog.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks