Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

Discussion in 'Computers and Stuff' started by jimbo, Apr 16, 2009.

1. KarenTheBold

KarenTheBold New Member

What is the purpose of having a gun?

1. Some people like to collect them and display them and look at them. (Like some people collect vases, coins, cars, etc.)

2. Some people collect guns because they like to shoot at targets.

3. Some people collect guns because they hunt animals--and presumable eat what they kill.

4. Some people collect guns because they are afraid that someone will invade their home and they want to be prepared to defend themselves.

5. Some people collect guns because they are concerned that some foreign country is going to invade the USA and they want to be part of the "well-ordered militia" that will repell the invaders.

6. Some people collect guns because they hatch a plan to kill someone--a family member, a workmate, a boss, etc. (Just read the daily news.)

7. Some people collect guns because they plan to create mayhem by shooting a lot of people--Columbine, etc. (Also in the news, especially in April.)

8. Some people collect guns because they think their own government is "against them" and that shooting someone/many people is the only way to protect their way of life.

Is this a complete list? Add your own. I want to understand this preoccupation about having a lot of guns. And at this point I don't understand why anyone would buy an AK-47. The only examples of using AK-47s in the US (that I can remember) have been by deranged people who want to shoot up a lot of people they have a grudge against.
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

My #1 reason is The right to Keep and Bear Arms...and I don't want it infringed upon...
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

AK 47s are a very inaccurate guns and are used for close up shooting 50 yards or less...beyond that they loose accuracy...they are cheap to make and sell...not very many are use in this country...I can't remember when the last time was that I heard of one being used...
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  4. Cass

Cass Plumber

Ahhh #6 and #7 the word collect I don't think is right...buy maybe but not collect...
  5. MN-E

MN-E New Member

Try Googling the name "Richard Poplawski"
  6. Cookie

Cookie .

It's a man thing and not to be understood. Right Red? :p
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I don't know about that...

My daughter is a pretty good shot too!:eek:
  8. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

I might be wrong, but I believe the constitution is more about setting and maintaining limitations and restrictions upon a/the government of people than about empowering that same self-governed people ... and that ultimately means "we the people" should have already been telling the government just how many and what types of arms *it* is allowed to have ... and that all of them should always be pointed away from us, of course. But, something got goofed up and turned around somewhere along the way.

For keeping our own "self-government" in check?

That would be like having dynamite on hand for cleaning out the chicken house.
  9. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

FYI.. no one can buy an AK-47 unless they have a permit for a fully automatic weapon. Which is near imposable to get. What the news keep calling AK-47's are cheap knock offs that are only semi-automatics just like any other rifle you can buy. I do own a Mak- 90 I do agree they are not very accurate, but I disagree with how bad they are. I can hit a target center of mass at 300 yards all day long using the stock sites. The grouping is around a 8" circle. Where as with my AR-15 (civilian version of a M-16) I can keep my grouping at 300 yards the size of a half cent piece. At 150 yards with the AR-15 I can keep a grouping the size of a dime. Oh Grouping for you non-gun owners is 3 to 5 shots fired at the target and how close each shot is to each other. The target below is a 5 shot grouping from a an AR 10 which is pictured below the target picture.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Cookie

Cookie .

Ratz, you do keep them in great condition. My husband always did his stocks so shiny, and the insides clean as a whistle. I haven't touched them in 4 years, is their anything I need to do to keep them nice, they are in soft cases.
  11. SewerRatz

He probably cleaned and oiled them up real good before putting them away, so as long as they are in the cases and in a dry area all should be good. It doesn't hurt to pull them out and use a gun cloth ( a rag that has a special oil in it) and wipe them down.
  12. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

guns

I wonder what kind of guns the creator was thinking about when he gave us those inalienable rights, since He did not have assault rifles or mini-guns at the time. But then, He also said, "Thou shalt not kill."
  13. Scuba_Dave

Scuba_Dave Extreme DIY Homeowner

I guess just wingin' 'em is OK :D

He'll live

[​IMG]
  14. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Pluumbing, of course

I think the world is coming to an end.

Was that Obama telling the Navy Seals to take out those pirates using snipers?

Sort of like:

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

I think it's
    Thou shouldn't commit murder.
    So it should be okay.

But I think this whole gun thing is getting out of hand too.
    I like shooting clay pigeons and targets too.
    But sometimes the more you get into a fight with someone, the better they get at it.
    That's not always good.
  15. SewerRatz

One of the best things my father ever told me, is think to yourself before you act. Think what are the consequences and are they worth it? In other words is the person or persons you want to hurt worth going to jail for?

The other bit of advice he gave me was never turn anything down but your collar.
  16. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

Those "inalienable rights" many people claim are for life, liberty and property ownership (later called "pursuit of happiness" when true property ownership had become mere history), not for guns, and it is only a human opinion that those (or any other alleged) "rights" were actually given or guaranteed at creation anyway. Then as to the matter of weapons, rocks seem to be His own selection in provision.

He actually said not to lay in wait and murder. Killing, such as in capital punishment or keeping an immoral government at bay (following right judgment, of course) is an entirely different matter.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  17. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
    This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009 . You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
    .It is registered
    .You are fingerprinted
    .You supply a current Driver's License
    .You supply your Social Security #
    .You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.
    .Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
    .There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.
    They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.
    If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45
  18. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Guns... Registered....

What guns?:cool:
  19. Cass

Cass Plumber

A Question...

If all guns were required to be registered by law and if caught with an unregistered gun after the registration time is up there is an automatic 10 year jail sentence...

Would you register your guns...?

OR

Would you hide them...and not register them...
  20. Cookie

Cookie .

Their isn't enough of room in the prisons.