Laundry Drain Trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookiemonster

Reaction score
Just a DIY'er here. I'm in the process of trying to clean up some plumbing work in my laundry room, in order to place the water lines and drain/trap inside the wall (first pic is a "before"). Initially I thought I needed to add an AAV since there is no vent. However, in the basement, it looks like there is a horizontal wet vent set up (I think thats what it's called). My question is- since the whole drain system is technically vented, can I just add a 90 to my setup in the second picture? Or would it be recommended to keep the T and add the AAV instead? Just pretend like the pipe after the trap is full length, lol. Thanks in advance.

IMG_4994.jpeg

1710721670291.jpeg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You must provide a vent at the elevation of the trap (before the trap arm falls more than one trap diameter). So yes, you need the san-tee and an AAV in an accessible ventilated box at least 4" above the trap arm. The "before" picture was an illegal S-trap.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks