sparkling water??

Users who are viewing this thread

F6Hawk

Reaction score
Loosened the fitting for that line inside the salt tank and it is water under pressure.

Unless the unit is in the BRINE FILL cycle, there should be no pressure on that fitting, I believe. During brine draw, it sucks from the brine tank thru the valve into the resin, and in brine fill, it is pressurized because it is filling the sat tank with water. All other times, I think it should be static...

Marco_Guy

Reaction score
What cycle is the valve in?

Unless the unit is in the BRINE FILL cycle, there should be no pressure on that fitting, I believe. During brine draw, it sucks from the brine tank thru the valve into the resin, and in brine fill, it is pressurized because it is filling the sat tank with water. All other times, I think it should be static...

I don't believe it's in any "cycle." The display shows "Gal Remaining 00450"

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The brine valve is stuck in the open position. You have to replace it to fix it. This could be the cause of salty water after a regen.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
But he said in the original post that it was a Hague so................Nice try at covering up LOL

Chevy427

Reaction score
I am not familiar withe the 23-BAQ, but newer Hagues, I believe by looking at the brine float, are under pressure. Troubleshooting guide indicates it, too. But I'll have to admit that I am not sure about the 23-BAQ model so won't make a claim to it.

Marco_Guy

Reaction score
Still not fixed

Replaced the brine valve and did a manual regen ~ 6 hrs ago and just watched foamy, salty "water" come pouring out of the kitchen faucet... no doubt the valve was stuck open, but apparently that wasn't causing the foamy/salty water...

Any other ideas?

:confused:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
That would be exspected on the first regen. The salt tank had too much water because the brine valve did not shut off. Now the water should be lower so once the unit goes through another regen, the water should not be salty.

Marco_Guy

Reaction score
That would be exspected on the first regen. The salt tank had too much water because the brine valve did not shut off. Now the water should be lower so once the unit goes through another regen, the water should not be salty.

Yep, no "standing" water in the salt tank any longer (it must have been broken for a long time because I always recall having standing water in that tank until today).

Should I force another regen?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
But he said in the original post that it was a Hague so................Nice try at covering up LOL

Yeah I know it is a Hague and not a Kinetico and I know the comment that softeners don't have a pressurized brine line unless they are in the refill position ("I believe") is incorrect because Kinetico is under pressure and now my good buddy Andy the Kinetico salesman is saying Hague has a pressurized brine line also. And you compounded the comment by saying there shouldn't be pressure on the brine line and had this Hague been newer, you would have been wrong.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
No, let the system run normal cycle. If you fixed the brine valve everything should be OK

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks