1. F6Hawk

F6Hawk New Member

Unless the unit is in the BRINE FILL cycle, there should be no pressure on that fitting, I believe. During brine draw, it sucks from the brine tank thru the valve into the resin, and in brine fill, it is pressurized because it is filling the sat tank with water. All other times, I think it should be static...
  2. Marco_Guy

Marco_Guy New Member

I don't believe it's in any "cycle." The display shows "Gal Remaining 00450"
  3. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

There should be no pressure at the brine line then.
  4. Marco_Guy

Marco_Guy New Member

How do I fix it?
  5. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

The brine valve is stuck in the open position. You have to replace it to fix it. This could be the cause of salty water after a regen.
  6. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Guys.... Kinetico's brine line is always under full main line water pressure.

They rely on the float in the salt tank to shut off the flow into the salt tank.
  7. Marco_Guy

Marco_Guy New Member

That's exactly what is it. Thanks for the help!
  8. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

This is a Hauge unit. They have a brine valve simular to a Fleck.
  9. chevy427

chevy427 Banned

I was wondering what that Kinetico comment was all about!!! I guess somebody's on a mission......
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  10. Gary Slusser

Yes you're right. I was replying to;

Unless the unit is in the BRINE FILL cycle, there should be no pressure on that fitting, I believe.

and

There should be no pressure at the brine line then.
  11. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

But he said in the original post that it was a Hague so................Nice try at covering up LOL
  12. chevy427

chevy427 Banned

I am not familiar withe the 23-BAQ, but newer Hagues, I believe by looking at the brine float, are under pressure. Troubleshooting guide indicates it, too. But I'll have to admit that I am not sure about the 23-BAQ model so won't make a claim to it.
  13. Marco_Guy

Marco_Guy New Member

Still not fixed

Replaced the brine valve and did a manual regen ~ 6 hrs ago and just watched foamy, salty "water" come pouring out of the kitchen faucet... no doubt the valve was stuck open, but apparently that wasn't causing the foamy/salty water...

Any other ideas?

:confused:
  14. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

That would be exspected on the first regen. The salt tank had too much water because the brine valve did not shut off. Now the water should be lower so once the unit goes through another regen, the water should not be salty.
  15. Marco_Guy

Marco_Guy New Member

Yep, no "standing" water in the salt tank any longer (it must have been broken for a long time because I always recall having standing water in that tank until today).

Should I force another regen?
  16. Gary Slusser

No, just run off the water until it isn't salty or foamy.
  17. Gary Slusser

Yeah I know it is a Hague and not a Kinetico and I know the comment that softeners don't have a pressurized brine line unless they are in the refill position ("I believe") is incorrect because Kinetico is under pressure and now my good buddy Andy the Kinetico salesman is saying Hague has a pressurized brine line also. And you compounded the comment by saying there shouldn't be pressure on the brine line and had this Hague been newer, you would have been wrong.
  18. Marco_Guy

Marco_Guy New Member

I did that.. I meant should I do a manual regen to ensure it doesn't happen again??
  19. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

No, let the system run normal cycle. If you fixed the brine valve everything should be OK
  20. Gary Slusser

The No part of my reply was the answer to the question of should you do a manual regeneration; no, don't do that.