sparkling water??

Users who are viewing this thread

Marco_Guy

Reaction score
OK. Not doing another manual regen. Hopefully the problem is resolved.

Thanks for the help.

Marco_Guy

Reaction score
Just noticed the "foamy/salty" water sample I saved from last night has a bunch of turquoise sediment in the bottom of the glass.....

salty.jpg

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
That is a clear glass, the water has the same turquoise tint.
Then something may be casting a blue tint reflection on the glass because I see blue above the water in the glass, especially on the left side and front of the glass. Try a clear smooth sided glass.

I've treated a lot of aggressive/corrosive water and have never seen anything like that before.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
That sort of copper corrosion can be a result of either high or low PH. In the North East we get a lot of low PH water conditions. I suspect the foamy/salty water may have dislodged that corrosion from inside your pipes which is why I asked if you know the PH of your water.

Marco_Guy

Reaction score
i don't know the ph. maybe i can have it checked at my pool supply place...

if it is copper pipe corrosion, wouldn't it have shown in the water when i put the water in the glass from the faucet? once the foam went away, the water appeared clear until i let it sit overnight.

F6Hawk

Reaction score
i don't know the ph. maybe i can have it checked at my pool supply place...

if it is copper pipe corrosion, wouldn't it have shown in the water when i put the water in the glass from the faucet? once the foam went away, the water appeared clear until i let it sit overnight.

Wait a minute... are you saying the sediment in that glass wasn't there when you poured it, but showed up in the glass the next day???

Marco_Guy

Reaction score
Unfortunately the wife tossed the sample last night. Hopefully it won't occur again....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks