Source for 3-way stop

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I put in a new kitchen faucet today and ended up replacing the existing cold water compression stop with a new 1/4 turn Watts valve (the old valve was almost totally blocked by hard water deposits).

On general principle, I'd like to replace the 3-way valve you can see in the attachment -- it feeds the dishwasher and faucet. I haven't been able to locate one yet, at the local stores or on the web. I have found some which have a single valve and 2 outlets, but I really like this one because I can shut off just the faucet or the dishwasher. The existing valve has plastic caps, and (I think) plastic stems (is this possible?). I'm afraid the next time I shut it off the stem will break off.

Anyway, has anyone seen or used such a stop? Any ideas where to find one?

Thanks!

Attachments

• valve.gif
    valve.gif
    39 KB · Views: 315

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier (and cleaner) to just Tee off of the sink supply line, and install a seperate valve in each line?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, for your thoughts!

I did locate one on Brasscraft's site - they have a number of 2-handle 3-way stops (none are 1/4 turn, unfortunately) so will try to find one locally at HD or Ferguson's.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Found one at Ferguson's today - they had a whole box of 'em- couldn't find at HD, L***'s, or via online source.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
One other thing. The new valve is certainly heavy, with a sturdy brass body. I did notice, on the other hand, that the stem is white plastic (nylon?).

Is this common? Do they work OK? In this application, I don't expect to be turning it on and off all that often, so maybe longevity isn't so critical -- but I was surprised to see that.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's the valve we use a lot of.
Two handles. They come in either two 3/8" outlets, or a 3/8" and a 1/4".
The plastic stems are fine. It's hard to find anything else anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks