Temporarily cap off angle stop and test today or test fittings later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Djarchow

Reaction score
I am installing a bar sink faucet and the angle stops are compression onto the copper stub out and compression to the faucet supply lines. My hot stop is a dual outlet with one for the faucet and the other for the dishwasher. Unfortunately, the dishwasher (backorder) won't be installed for at least a couple weeks, so my second hot outlet is open. I would like to test my compression connections. I can probably test the stop to copper connections by letting water flow to purge any air and then shutting off the stops and watching for leaks. All the connections are done and tightened according to the specs from Dahl and Delta.

Will it be OK to wait and test the connections between the stop and the faucet once the dishwasher is in and if need be, tighten them more then? Or should I go buy a compression cap and ferrule and cap off the dishwasher connection on the stop and test them today? I have shutoffs on the manifold for each line, so I don't have to leave water off for the whole house.

Thanks!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
plenty of ways to cap off the unused for now port on the stop you can buy a compression cap or install a supply line with a plub on the end

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Most plumbing codes require that all outlets have individual outlets. Makes most sense anyway, that way you can service individual fixtures.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
He could swap the stop for one with 2 handles or sweat a tee on and put 2 stops

Djarchow

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the UPC req. for separate shutoffs. I am normally pretty good about checking code before I do things and had missed that one. I can get a dual handle Dahl or Brasscraft and replace the one I have.

Just curious, will the compression end of the pex supply line that is a part of the faucet still work if I have to take it off and move it to a new stop? I know for a regular copper line I would have to at least replace the ferrule.

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks