Some gizmos are right as rain for saving water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Terry, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

By Jolayne Houtz
    Seattle Times consumer-affairs Reporter

Soggy weather notwithstanding, the drought is still on.

The recent run of rain has helped, but with mountain snowpacks still at less than one-third of normal, you'd be doing yourself — and your community — a favor by looking at new ways to cut water use.

How about a dual-flush toilet that uses half the water to flush No. 1?

The rest of the article
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

I am afraid it would get used about as often as the American Standard Vent-A-Way toilets, which was seldom since no one knew how to activate the feature, assuming they even knew the toilet had it.
  3. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

A friend installed a Caroma in his shop which I have had the honor to test drive. In my experience the partial flush doesn't evacuate all the yellow water. I wouldn't have one even if it were free.