Some gizmos are right as rain for saving water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Terry, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    By Jolayne Houtz
    Seattle Times consumer-affairs Reporter

Soggy weather notwithstanding, the drought is still on.

The recent run of rain has helped, but with mountain snowpacks still at less than one-third of normal, you'd be doing yourself — and your community — a favor by looking at new ways to cut water use.

How about a dual-flush toilet that uses half the water to flush No. 1?

The rest of the article

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    toilet

I am afraid it would get used about as often as the American Standard Vent-A-Way toilets, which was seldom since no one knew how to activate the feature, assuming they even knew the toilet had it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

Plumbing Contractor
    A friend installed a Caroma in his shop which I have had the honor to test drive. In my experience the partial flush doesn't evacuate all the yellow water. I wouldn't have one even if it were free.