Slab for curb and poy wall

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Thunderjet1, May 7, 2014.

1. Thunderjet1

Thunderjet1 New Member

Slab for curb and pony wall

I'm finishing up a tiled walk in shower in my bathroom and i am trying to find some slabs for the curb and pony wall ...Quartz ,Cultured Marble ,Granite and i seem to be hitting dead ends everywhere i go.
    I live in the Maple Ridge area of the lower mainland and am hoping someone might be able to give me some suggestions as to where i can find such items and what would be might best option for material type .

Thanks in advance Kevin
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

Kevin head out to Richmond. All the slab stores are out there mostly. Bring some of your floor and wall tile and find an off cut that works well.

I've done a lot of work with Abaccado Building Supplies over the years. They have a grave yard of off cuts to explore.

Good luck.

Suite 250-2851 Simpson Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 2R2
    (604) 270-2388

Ask for Henry or Paulie.
  3. dhagin

dhagin builder:anti-builder

Hi Kevin.

From your list, I'd recommend the quartz or granite, but there are other good choices too. What tile or stone is in your shower? Got any photos?

Make some calls to local stone countertop fabricators, there are a few in your area of the lower mainland. Some are happy to cut a shower package for folks, some not. :)