sink supply lines roughed in wrong spot

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan Schroeder

Reaction score
I had a plumber out to rough-in a bathroom remodel. I'm now putting the drywall up and I've bumped up against a problem with the supply lines for the sink. They're pretty tight against the drain, and that combined with where they're welding to the support strap there's no way I can get the drywall flush against the studs. Is there anything I can do to hack it into the right spot, or do I just need to have them out again to do it right?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7184.JPG
    IMG_7184.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_7185.JPG
    IMG_7185.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_7182.JPG
    IMG_7182.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 191

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like the hot or cold supplies not touching the drain.

I would move the hot a few inches to the left, then raise both hot and cold a few inches.
Move the drain to the center of the cavity.
Then secure them to straps or 2x4 blocks.
You drywall will fit easily.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Are these going into the side of the lav space, or behind it?
Normally that flat copper coated holdrite is screwed onto the studs and barely makes a difference. That does look like it's going to be difficult where it's at. I also prefer installing the stops after drywall.

Ryan Schroeder

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the feed into the side of the lav. It'll be a small (tiny) duravit hand wash basin mounted about a 20 inches down the other wall.

I think the stops are from the original lines, and they just re-used them. I had just unscrewed the holdrite today trying to push things around a bit. The way they laid it out the copper strip is a good 1/2 to 3/4 away from flush. If the holdrite was attached closer to the bend in the copper it'd be fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks