Should Drake Tank Rock?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by MissouriBen, Sep 7, 2007.

1. MissouriBen

MissouriBen New Member

Just put in a Toto Drake. Everything works fine, but the tank is able to rock front and back quite a bit-- it doesn't feel solid.

Does this mean that I should tighten the tank bolts more? How do I know how far I can go without cracking the tank? Again, no leaks or anything, but it feels weird for the tank to wobble when the flush handle is used.

- Ben
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The longer it sits under compression, the easier it is to tighten down. Just tighten it down maybe 1/2 turn alternating sides. You don't want it to be so tight you are actually putting tension on the porcelain but you can get it so that it just about touches the base. At that point, there will be almost no movement.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008