Roman tub filler recommendations

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by John7, Jun 23, 2014.

1. John7

John7 New Member

Hi

Roughing in new construction for drop-in tub with deck mounted tub filler. We are looking for a high flow unit without spray hose. The Delta R2707 looked good until I saw videos of the corrugated copper tubes with pin hole leaks. I don't know if these were over-bent by the installer or a result of turbulence. Our local water conditions seem to eat copper (blue tub stains) so would like to avoid any potential problems. All plumbing is PEX so far.

I also see the Moen 4996 and Kohler K-300-K etc are high flow although I've had some issues with Moen products and not sure if Kohler is worth the price.

Can someone recommend high flow tub fillers I should consider?

Thanks

John
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  3. John7

John7 New Member

Terry

Yes, that's the one I saw pin hole leaking in videos but could just be over bent (metal fatigue) by the installer.

Do you have any experience with the rigid 10" Delta #RP23601? Might be easier for me to sleep with that one.

I am planning on having an access door (or framed for cut in later) in the stairwell behind the tub.

(I see ProPEX. I used that on my house, can't believe how fast it is with a cordless tool.)

PS terrific website!

Thanks

John