Replacing a wall mounted - what do you think of Toto's wall hung toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi Terry,
Years ago we purchase Caroma toilets from you and we have been thrilled with them. We need to replace a wall mounted toilet that is ancient. In the forum I saw your comments on American Standard & Gerber Maxwell wall hung toilets. It sounds like quality is an issue for both brands. I'm wondering if you have tested and/or installed Toto Wall Hung toilets and what you think of them. Thanks. Mary Bohus

Squishy901

Reaction score
If your toilet looks like this (tank, water supply in front of the wall and visible), none of Toto's toilets will work as a direct replacement without a bit of remodel work, because their wall-hung models work with an in-wall tank carrier. The Gerber (pictured is the Maxwell) and American Standard are probably your best bets; quality control is not amazing but probably good enough for your job.

gerber-maxwell-wall-hung-toilet.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, last time I flew, a bunch of the airports had been remodeled and had Toto wall-hung toilets. Most, if not all of them were flushometers, which you're unlikely to be able to use in your home, but I think they do have at least some models that would work with an in-wall tank.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator: