connecting a wall-hung toilet to waste riser

Users who are viewing this thread

personage

Reaction score
Ended up going with Kohler. I'll be making a custom 4 x 3 90 that threads into the 4" waste riser and use a 3" rubber no hub coupling to connect to the elbow that comes with the carrier.

I have ordered K-18829-NA carrier, and the tank inlet valve uses G1/2 threads. It comes with a 1/2" NPT adapter. What is the preferred way of connecting copper line to it? Would you screw on and solder a female adapter, or should I use a union?
fittings.jpg
inlet.jpg

personage

Reaction score
Ready to put in a new water supply line. Do I need a water hammer arrestor here? The existing supply had one, but it is now probably too far from the new inlet valve. Would you recommend that I install a T at the top of on the new vertical line and put a new arrestor there? Thank you for your help!

question.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3277.jpg
    IMG_3277.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3276.jpg
    IMG_3276.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3273.jpg
    IMG_3273.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3272.jpg
    IMG_3272.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 25

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unless the instructions call for an arrestor none needed. I wouldnt install a union. but if someone wanted a ball valve and or a union Id do it .
Are you running multiple threads on this ?

personage

Reaction score
Unless the instructions call for an arrestor none needed. I wouldnt install a union. but if someone wanted a ball valve and or a union Id do it .
Are you running multiple threads on this ?
Sounds good, thank you. The instructions do not call for an arrestor. I was just wondering what the best practice would be, considering there was a capped tube near the old supply valve. I'll just leave it and run the line up to the new tank.

I am not installing a union, just a female adapter. There are two different threads. The tank inlet is G1/2, which is a British standard, but comes with an NPT adapter, so I am using that with a female adapter and a 90. I could not find a G1/2 to copper adapter, so it does look like a union with the NPT adapter sandwiched in the middle.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I did see you didnt show a union but you asked if you should install a union you could but I wouldnt bother just another possible joint to leak

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks