problem with new porcher bathroom faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by motlot77, Jul 28, 2007.

1. motlot77

motlot77 New Member

hi,

i installed a new single stem porcher faucet in my bathroom and something is wrong. it's not getting one drop of water. i have a link for the pdf on how to install and the exploded view of the parts list. i guess since you can't post links here pm me and i'll send it over.

i took off the handle, cartridge cap, and dome. i started turning the cartridge nut and water starts coming out of the faucet. the more i loosen this nut the more flow i get.

but when i turn the stem the water does not turn off. it doesn't do anything. to turn off the water i have to turn the cartridge nut.

anyone know what the heck is going on?

thanks!
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

Your aerator on the end of the faucet is probably full of debris.
  3. motlot77

motlot77 New Member

no, it's not the aerator. when i turn the cartridge nut the water comes out fine. it's like the stem isn't working in conjunction w/the cartridge nut or something.
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Sometimes if you install a cartridge incorrectly, you can have that sort of problem.

Have you tried pulling it out and reinstalling it differently?
  5. motlot77

motlot77 New Member

no, i never touched the cartridge except for turning the nut.

thanks for the tip, i'm going to try that.