Predco Ultra Seal

Users who are viewing this thread

passingthru

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

Awhile back, you mentioned you were going to test the Predco Ultra Seal to see how you like it compared to a standard wax seal. You also mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you worked on an Eljer toilet that wouldn't stop leaking until you put on a waxless seal.

I am currently installing an Eljer Titan corner toilet in my bathroom. I am trying to decide whether to use a regular wax seal or the Predco waxless seal. Have you learned any more about the Predco? Which seal would you choose for this situation?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
fluidmaster_on_toilet.jpg

Drake bowl with a Fluidmaster seal.

I haven't used the Predco, I have used the Fluidmaster waxless on the Titan.
Using wax on the bowl was a waste of time.
When using waxless, I put them on the bowl first.
Like in the picture above.

When using wax, I set them on the floor flange.

Last edited:

passingthru

Reaction score
So, which would you use?

So Terry, would you recommend using a waxless seal for the Titan?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Terry, I really agree with your procedure to put the Fluidmaster on the horn first. Their instruction, and that little cardboard spacer, do not give me a warm fuzzy feeling that the red rubber will neck up on the horn the way it needs to!

gregc

Reaction score
ultra seal

I have been using the ultra seal for several years and am now seeing failures. The seal is losing its bond to the plastic horn. Three bad in the last month (been in service four to five years).DSCN1765.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks