Plumbers Link

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Cookie, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

While I was fixing the toilet, putting in a new handle and the arm inside which connects to the chain? Well, I was one link, short for it to reach the flapper? So, I used a paperclip. It works great. I wonder, if I could sell them to the plumbers store, Home Depot etc, for a buck a piece, marketed under the name of a Plumbers Link. lol. :D

*They could come in different sizes, small, medium, or large, or extra-large; come in different colors, plastic, or metal... lol (i know my paperclips)
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

... but not in steel unless it cannot ever rust.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, if only they didn't rust.

I went into one home, and they had used papers clips for the whole chain. It rusted out eventually.
    It was on a rental, and the landlord had done that instead of just replacing the flapper.
    Of course the flapper was leaking so bad that the tank had sweated and was dripping all over the floor,
    But no problem, he just mixed in hot water with cold to the tank.
    I can't even begin to guess how much the renters were paying for water to leak past the old crummy flapper for all those years before the guy died and the son of the landlord called me to fix the toilet.