Pitiless adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Upmaine

Reaction score
I went to remove my pump and I found out that the last person to do this left a 6 inch piece of pipe screwed into the pitiless adapter and the threads on the top of the 6 inch pipe are rusted bad and I tried several times to try and screw a coupling over the pipe but the threads are shot. Now I need to try and figure out another way to removed the pitiless adapter so I pull my pump and replace it. Does anyone know how I can remove the pitless adapter without using a T bar. I really don't want to have to dig down 6 feet to replace the whole pitiless adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kevin

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yep

Go to Fastenal and get a nice long nylon strap or sling with loops on each end. Get a piece of wire and make a hook. NOW, lower the strap down beside the pitless and with the hook pull the strap between the drop pipe and casing. Feed the strap while pulling on the wire hook, run one loop inside the other and make a noose. When the noose gets down around the drop pipe you can pull the pitless up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks