Pipes above my shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

peet

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a diy-er in the middle of a bathroom reno. Above my shower faucet, there are 2 additional pipe openings. These pipes had their opening intentionally clogged. See the image below.

showerFaucet.jpg

Can anyone let me know what (if any) is the purpose of these 2 pipes? Do they need any attention?

Any suggestions woulod be much appreciated.

Peter

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Without seeing more, it would be hard to know.
This would be a good time to open up the wall and use a new valve there. It's good to future proof your work.

peet

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. That is something I considered since I have the old style of faucet. Would you be able to give me an idea of the cost of plumbing for this type of work?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How were the openings "intentionally clogged"? They are positioned as if they were "wall shutoffs" to work on the faucet, but would have to see whats in the wall to get a better idea of what they could have been used for.

peet

Reaction score
Hi Hj,

Thanks for your reply.

The pipes were fitted with anchors and had a screw in the opening. They both had a round metal cover screwed in from the boutside by the fitting screw.

Peter

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks