Pipes above my shower faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by peet, Dec 12, 2012.

1. peet

peet New Member

Hi,

I am a diy-er in the middle of a bathroom reno. Above my shower faucet, there are 2 additional pipe openings. These pipes had their opening intentionally clogged. See the image below.

showerFaucet.jpg

Can anyone let me know what (if any) is the purpose of these 2 pipes? Do they need any attention?

Any suggestions woulod be much appreciated.

Peter
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Without seeing more, it would be hard to know.
    This would be a good time to open up the wall and use a new valve there. It's good to future proof your work.
  3. peet

peet New Member

Thanks Terry. That is something I considered since I have the old style of faucet. Would you be able to give me an idea of the cost of plumbing for this type of work?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

How were the openings "intentionally clogged"? They are positioned as if they were "wall shutoffs" to work on the faucet, but would have to see whats in the wall to get a better idea of what they could have been used for.
  5. peet

peet New Member

Hi Hj,

Thanks for your reply.

The pipes were fitted with anchors and had a screw in the opening. They both had a round metal cover screwed in from the boutside by the fitting screw.

Peter