Pegasus brand faucets?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Terry, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Okay, I just saw my first Pegasus tub and shower faucet on a job.
    I'm following up behind some handyman plumbing, and trying to get the home ready to use.
    My first thought, looking at the plastic remodel plate tile guide, is that it's going to go rather normally. The plate sticks out from the wall about 1/4" in the tub, and in the other bathroom, 3/8" in the shower.
    Being used to Delta and Moen, I'm thinking things will be fine. There is always some plus or minus for the trims.

Not with Pegasus though. the tile guide is where the tile "must" be.
    No ifs, ands, or buts
    We're looking at a plate that sticks out from the wall.
    What in the world were they thinking when they designed this faucet?

If I ever come on a job that has Pegasus, I'm just going to pass it right on by. There's not enough time in the day to fix what shouldn't have to be fixed.

http://www.terrylove.com/wwwboard/messages2/21445.html

[​IMG]
    Here is a picture from a homeowner of a Pegasus faucet
  2. They designed it to cater to the higher end styles but ignore the installer of the product.

Pegasus reminds me so much of Danze it isn't funny. They have mounting brackets that are identical, very heavy brass and "I wouldn't want to service one down the road" mentality about them.

Parts for these won't be found, anywhere. You have to call a 1-800 number and then they kick you back to Home Depot. Then, you order the parts and they come to HD, not you.

Just imagine the downtime of those words above. Almost like a Kohler.

I have two boxes of these Pegasus faucets I've been given for free from HD on a reset of their faucet lines.

Amazing how much those faucets cost.
  3. where are they made??

just out of curousity.....

where are these junkey faucets made anyway???

are they something that is only sold through HD???
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Jamie just called, and Pegasus confirmed, you have to be "perfect" on the depth on the rough-in. She knew exactly what we were talking about.
    They know the problem exists and say they are thinking about redesigning the faucet.

In the meantime, she says to go to a hardware store and look to see what could be used to fix it. They have no idea what to do other than to open up the tiled wall and replumb it.

www.pegasusinfo.com
  5. sfphoenix75

sfphoenix75 New Member

yes - pegasus is a home depot exclusive. I've had problems with their door hardware as well.
  6. it amazes me

they spend tons of money to design something like
    this and they simply forget to make things simple
    to install for the plumber.....

if it is not simple and easy for the plumber,
    it never sells very well
  7. I've been telling my customers to wait about 3 or 4 months and have them call HD and tell them there are "leaks" and to send new rebuild parts.

Put them in a bag and prepare for the time it happens. Otherwise you'll be SOL years from now....or paying through the nose to get the parts.
  8. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Pegasus are made in a number of factories, including Italy, but most of them nowadays are made by Globe Union Industrial, which by coincidence is also the parent company of Danze.
  9. Cass

Cass Plumber

Thanks for the homework jimbo, it is good to know.

10. I thought there was something related to the two brands *see above first statement* and the mounting assemblies are identical to each other in design.
  11. dubldare

dubldare Plumber/Gasfitter

The pot gets thicker...

The main supplier of Danze is who?.... Ferguson

Who owns Ferguson?...

Home Depot

ps: Globe is also the idots behind all that Pro-Flo® crap.
  12. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

not quite

doubledare...you got some wires crossed on that last one!

The parent company of Ferguson's is the British conglomerate Wolsley. The little-known string to Home Depot would be that Wolsley was a leading contender in the bids to purchase the commercial/wholesale supply division of Home Depot, which is the conglomerate now known as HD Supply. HD Supply has the facility maintenance div, including the former Hughes/Century supply acquisition, and also includes such diverse divisions as Apex Plumbing Supply, Crown Bolt, USA Bluebook ( waste treatment infrastructure) and National Waterworks ( water supply infrastructure). But no other connection to Ferguson. Word on the street is that Wolsely is not longer in the running for that buyout.

The Home Depot board of directors has announced the intention to probably divest the commercial/wholesale division to concentrate on the retail picture.

Internet news has ALL the dope on ANY topic!!
  13. dubldare

dubldare Plumber/Gasfitter

Errps, I knew the HD supply thing from several months back. Quite honestly, I don't care for fungeson. This doesn't change my mind.
  14. Cass

Cass Plumber

I can't stand Ferguson.