Our pump runs often

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Terry, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Posted for Jeanne O

Recently we have noticed that, when running the water, our pump comes on for only a few seconds, shuts off, comes on again, etc. The pump never runs for more than a few seconds at a time. I am concerned something may be wrong with our pressure tank and I am worried we will burn out our pump motor. Can you tell me what might be wrong?? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Jeanne O
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

You're right. You should check the air pressure in the tank to be 1-2 psi less than the turn the pump on switch setting; I.E. 30/50 range gets 29-28 psi air pressure with no water in the tank.

Gary
    Quality Water Associates