OT - Anyone know what happened to Johnbridge.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Henry Ramsey

Reaction score
Sorry for the OT question, but I wonder if anyone who participates here and at JohnBridge.com
might know what happened? Their site comes up server not found today.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hopefully it's okay and there is a backup. Or it could be an upgrade that is taking some time. It's a darn good resource.

John used to live across the freeway from me in Kirkland, about a mile away before he moved to Texas.

Last edited:

Henry Ramsey

Reaction score
Hopefully it's okay and there is a backup. Or it could be an upgrade that is taking some time. It's a darn good resource.
Yes indeed. I have been going there since 2006. I seem to remember finding it from posting here about my old shower drain which was a cast iron clamping drain (!) which was leaded onto a PVC pipe with a tar paper as the "pan". Old School 1970s technique.
The drain was threaded and rusted together. Ended up cutting through it sideways with a reciprocating saw. It was a messy job.

I was told about Kerdi for re-building my shower and John Bridge's website was a wealth of resource to complete the remodel.
I've been going there for help with tiling projects ever since.

To have them disappear would be tantamount to Windows not existing. The resource there in invaluable.

And they are still down as of now. :(

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Just texted one of the guys there...if he answers, I'll let you know what I find out.

Heard back from one of the people involved...they're working with their hosting company to try to resolve the issue. They will be back, just not sure how long it will take to figure out what happened and restore things.

Last edited:

Henry Ramsey

Reaction score
Just texted one of the guys there...if he answers, I'll let you know what I find out.

Heard back from one of the people involved...they're working with their hosting company to try to resolve the issue. They will be back, just not sure how long it will take to figure out what happened and restore things.
Thanks. Trying johnbridge.com was giving a firefox an invalid site certificate error warning earlier today and then a host error message now it's just a blank page.
That is a promising sign since it means they got the server online for domain and DNS.

Hopefully the host can restore the rest soon. I wonder what actually happened?
Host server crashed or something from the looks of things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks