Ordering Toto Online?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Hello,

So after reading on here all the positive reviews about Toto, I called around today to see if anyone sells them for our bathroom remodel. I called 5 local plumbing supply houses. Only one had one and they wanted $500 for the Drake II. All others just said NO and actually questioned why I would want Toto brand,,

Should I look at a different manufacture and if so what model? Or has anyone had success ordering online?

Thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You can order online, but be prepared to have to return one, or two, or three, due to shipping damage. You might get lucky, it is hard to say.
Porcelain toilets do not ship well unless they are well-packed and handled with care.

JMac

Reaction score
How many do you need?
Do you have trouble with FedEx/UPS mishandling your packages?
Do you have a commercial address where they can be shipped to, or would they be shipped to your residence?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How many do you need?
Do you have trouble with FedEx/UPS mishandling your packages?
Do you have a commercial address where they can be shipped to, or would they be shipped to your residence?

Some of the toilets come in boxes that are over 100 pounds, with no handles on the boxes. Anybody would have a hard time delivering that.
I sometimes get toilets shipped to me for testing. Sometimes they come broken, other times I wait a day or two, and finally have to go pick them up from distribution with my cube van.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Okay, so the plumbing supply houses near you are idiots.

Do you have a Home Depot near there? They sell Toto. Their prices are not the most awesome, but they will order them, meanwhile trying to sell you crap, I'm sure. A few of our members have successfully purchased their Totos through HD, and found it a pleasant experience. Or take your shot through another channel, and if it's successful, just don't tout that here...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'll have a better chance of getting one undamaged if it is shipped commercially, and you pick it up at the depot yourself. The common carriers like FedEx and UPS can be more problematic with big, heavy boxes, no matter how they are packaged. I've ordered several times on the net, and of the three needed toilets, one was broken in transit and they never even tried to deliver it to me...my only notice was that it wasn't delivered when anticipated. You'll have a better chance if ordering more than one and they ship it via common carrier on a pallet and you pick it up yourself verses it being stripped off the pallet and then transferred several times around the warehouse and eventually to a delivery truck. Every time it gets touched, there's a bigger chance of it being broken especially if someone tries to manually pick it up. The boxes don't come with nice handles nor are they light.

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a HD, but have had mixed results with them.

I only need one right now but will eventually need 3. The idea was use this one and see if we like function/looks/etc. But I understand the idea of ordering multiple to get better delivery.

Reach4

Reaction score
Plumbing Parts Plus, Inc.
12172 Nebel St., Rockville, MD, 20852
Phone: 301.881.1001

Atlantic Bath & Brass
389 East Gude Drive, Rockville, MD, 20850
Phone: 301.762.9696

Bath & Floor Stiles Inc
111 Market st, Gaithersburg, MD, 20878
Phone: 240.683.0011

W.T WEAVER & SONS, INC.
1208 WISCONSIN AVENUE NORTHWEST, Washington, DC, 20007
Phone: (202) 333-4200

Noland Company - Rockville
4972 Boiling Brook Pkwy, Rockville, MD, 20852
Phone: (301) 881-4225

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Thanks Reach, those are all around where I work. I will call around.

I have heard some good things about a store online also. But still would nice to drive to a store.

JerryR

Reaction score
I could not find a local supplier who would sell me a Toro as reasonably priced as Terry lists them on his site. I therefore ordered online.

Of the 5 ordered, one was smashed by UPS's rough handling and ignoring the arrow that clearly stated "this side up." When I called that mail order supplier to report the damage they shipped me a replacement FedEx overnight at no charge.

I would recommend, if possible, you try to find them locally and open the box before leaving the supplier. If you can't find one reasonably priced locally then make sure if you have it shipped to you that you chose a seller who will stand behind the product.

Last edited:

martyd

Reaction score
I ordered an Eco Drake through Home Depot, shipped to store. Home Depot refused the first one because it was broken. When the second came in I was able to open both boxes and do a full inspection. All was well and I installed it. Been about a year and a half, no problems.
Marty

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Bought a few Toto's from faucet direct that pops up here. The broken ones they let me keep and sent new ones pronto. Better than schlepping them from home depression or Lowebrows, only to break them yourself while loading or unloading them. If UPS is foolish enough to ship them, then let them eat the breakage. Their stock price shows they can bust a bunch of Toto's and not blink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks