Odd size for toilet supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
OK, this is a dumb question,
I recently went to replace my toilet supply line. I bought a 1/2" FIP - 7/8 ballcock 20" line.
The 1/2" fIP was too small to fit onto the stop valve.
I am visually looking at my washing machine 3/4" supply line and that looks too big, not going to try it on there as a test as I don't want to shut everything off again. But don't think it is 3/4"?
So a toilet supply line that is between 1/2" and 3/4"?
What in the world? Is that a thing?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toilet supplies at the shutoff are:

3/8" comp
1/2" comp
1/2" I.P.

At the fill valve, 7/8"

supply-line-sizes-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Toilet supplies at the shutoff are

3/8" comp
1/2" comp
1/2" I.P.

At the fill valve, 7/8"

OK, now I feel worse. Just got done posting this subject title saying 1/2" is too small and the follow up reply is suggesting 3/8". So before you roast my math, if 1/2" is too small, I am confused as to why 3/8" is then suggested? 1/2" is basically 4/8" so if this is too small as described, wouldn't 3/8" be even smaller? OK I am now doubting my math or maybe this is just a copy and pasted posting with out really reading?
Is there anything bigger than 1/2" but smaller than 3/4" that an angle stop comes in?
I will go grab some digital calipers and measure the outside of the nut if that helps.
I am so confused now. lol. Sorry if I was not clear initially that this is an odd size angle stop I am struggling with.
Thanks for you help.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Bob this is uncharted territory I've never run into an anglestop bigger than 1/2 inch iron pipe are you positive you didn't purchase 1/2 comp x 7/8 ballcock supply line

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited: