Not loving the Drake

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by mizrachi, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mizrachi

mizrachi New Member

Am I the only one here who doesn't *love* his Toto Drake? I find that I'm constantly having to clean the back wall and the underside of the seat. The flushing power just does not remove all residue. Perhaps it's because I didn't buy the elongated bowl. Who knows? But is there a way to increase the water pressure or treat the back wall or hack it some how to improve performance? Or do I need to consider a replacement (which one?).
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I think perhaps you should examine your diet and/or consult a urologist. If your bowl movements are so explosive that feces is splattered like that, the problem is not the toilet, regardless of brand or model.
  3. mtcummins

mtcummins In the Trades

Underside of seat? Is this happening before or after flush? If the toilet is splashing up on the bottom of the seat during a flush, you probably need to contact Toto about a warranty replacement, as it shouldn't be splashing that much. If its before the flush, the toilet is not your problem, as Gary said.
  4. mizrachi

mizrachi New Member

i don't think diet is the issue as i've never a problem with my high powered water wasting flushometer toilet. would the a drake II be better equipped at handling rear wall skid marks?
  5. mizrachi

mizrachi New Member

i'm a bit confused by this too, but perhaps the deep set angle of the soft close seat is creating this? by this i mean the underside of the seat issue.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You have encountered one problem about "recommendations". Every one of us has his/her own "best toilet", and Toto does NOT happen to be mine.
  7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

hj likes Vortens.
    I had a pressure assist Vortens with a Flushmate in my master for a year. The bowl was always dirty, but at least I was the only one that saw it.
    The rinse was pretty thin.

I have a double cyclone Toto in there now. Much better.
    However, everybody is a bit different, and bowls are too. Sometimes you need a bit of trial and error.

Sometimes I give out hj's number for people that call me from Arizona that want an installer. I guess he's not interested in the work. I need to find a plumber in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area.

I do think that the Kohler with Flushmate does a pretty good job at rinsing.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  8. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

I'm considering trying a Drake II bowl one of these days to address the above the water line skid marks that sometimes happen. I need to check whether or not it is a fit with the EcoDrake tank's I have.

I don't use one of the Toto seats, but seat spatter underneath typically comes with a bout of diarrhea...or from the effect of really good dark beers with live yeast still in the bottle.