New Master Bath Toilet - Please help on which Toto...or other

Users who are viewing this thread

Sheila W

Reaction score
Hi All. I am sorry to ask another dreaded "which toilet" question. I have literally gone back through all the posts til the beginning of 2013 and just don't know which to get. I was leaning to the Drake II until I got the price.

So my options - Drake eco, Drake II, or Champion 4 Max or Optum Vormax (after all the comments on here, really not high on my list for quality). I want comfort height, white, and elongated. I was questioning whether to do a Drake 1.6, but from all I could read on these forums, it looks like the Drake in 1.28 works just a well.

My prices to consider:
Drake at comfort height w seat, 1.28 - $285
Drake II - $417 from the same place and that seems high? I see prices online for about $317 plus add seat. I haven't had a chance to call another local place in Atl, I only see about 3 other places that carry them.
Champion - $200 - $269

I did look at the Entrada based on price, but the bowl width and height just looks funny to me.

All you Toto pros and believers - would you spend that much more on the Drake II? Is it that much better?

Thank you again for any input. I can't believe I am spending this much time researching a darn toilet!!

Thanks again!
S

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi Sheila,
Kind of depends on your sense of style. I do pull a few of the Champion toilets and replace them with TOTO. Doesn't really go the other way around.
I like the Drake II, but they all work well. From a performance standpoint, the Entrada does fine. If you have it to spend, the Drake II is nice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks