New control box, no water

Users who are viewing this thread

ahighfield10

Reaction score
I woke up a couple days ago to no water, determined that the control box was old and corroded so I replaced it, but still nothing. When I test voltage at the input (L1/L2) I get nothing. There is no hum coming from the control box. I'm a pretty good DIYer, but I don't know much when it comes to volts/amps/ohms etc. I don't know what to do from here!

Reach4

Reaction score
When I test voltage at the input (L1/L2) I get nothing.
That is a symptom that you should be able to troubleshoot.
Is the breaker on? Don't be offended.

Then check the voltage at the pressure switch. The left side is one leg, and the right side is the other. Either of the left two terminals can be used for input or output. Ditto for the right two. You can probably tell by how the wires are run which which wires are coming from the breaker and which are going to the control box.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
A lot of times the contacts in the pressure switches break or get burnt. You have power going in, but no power going out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks