Need low pressure shutoff switch

Users who are viewing this thread

andrew schultz

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to owning a home with a well system. It is a sandpoint well. I am looking to replace my shallow well jet pump (3/4 hp) teel pump with probably a Gould JRS7 pump. Current pump is 15 years old and has to run for up to an hour to fill the pressure tank to 56psi.
I have some concerns that my well runs low of water and that it will not be able to keep up with a strong running pump. A little more background on the system. Between the pump outlet and the pressure tank there is an iron filtration system.
In my mind I need the typical square d 30-50 psi pressure switch between the tank and the iron filter. I would also like to put in a low pressure shutoff switch to stop the pump if the water supply runs low (between the pump outlet and the filtration system). Does this sound like the right setup to ensure the pump is turning on and off based on pressure tank pressure and that if water supply runs low my pump will shutoff?

Is there such a low pressure shutoff switch available somewhere? My internet searching has come up empty.

thanks
Andy

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The low pressure switch you want is called an FSG2-M4. But it will only shut the pump off if the pressure drops to 20 or so. That means a faucet has to be open when the well pumps dry, or the pressure will just hang like it did for an hour trying to fill to 56, and the pump won't shut off. You need something like the Cycle Sensor that doesn't rely on pressure to protect the pump from running dry. The Cycle Senor looks at amps and knows when the well is dry, no matter what the pressure is at that time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks