Need Help With Sprinkler System

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by SUE2, Aug 12, 2006.

1. SUE2

SUE2 New Member

I Need Help With A Sprinkler System. I Have A Six Zone Automatic Sprinkler System And Only One Zone Is Coming On Over And Over Again. The Indexing Valve Is Also Leaking. What Should I Check And How Can I Fix It? Thank You
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Are the other 5 zones programmed to operate for a period of time? It sounds to me like you need to program the system properly. I don't know what an "indexing valve" is, but if it's leaking, it needs to be repaired or replaced. Also, save some enegry when typing. Just use upper case for the first word in a sentence and proper nouns.
  3. SUE2

SUE2 New Member

All the zones are set to come on for 15 min. then off for 15 min. on automatic. The system also has a munaul setting and when I turn it to manual the same zone keeps coming on all the time. I do not know what makes the system change zones.
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

When operating in the automatic mode, zone 1 will start at the time you has set as a starting time. It will operate for the length of time you has specified for it to run, then it will turn off and zone 2 will start and run for the length of time specified for it and so on. Usually in the manuel mode, zone 1 will come on when the start button is pushed and the system will continue through the cycles just like in the automatic mode. Perhaps your controller required you to manually advance the zones when in the manual mode. Try leaving the controller in the automatic mode, but manually starting the system.
  5. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

You said you have an indexing valve. If it is what I think it is, you only need a timer to turn on the pump or whatever water supply you have and this valve jumps to the next zone. It is a contraption that sits on top of 7 pipes in your case. The center one feeds the valve water and the other six are the zones. Five holes are plugged at all times and when the water is turned off and on again, the index valve jumps to the next zone and keeps repeating itself.

bob...