Need advice on fixing Delta 600 shower/tub valve - dripping water

Users who are viewing this thread

bang0r

Reaction score
I'd like to seek advices from this forum on how to fix a leaking shower/tub valve.
This valve came with the house when we moved in in the 1990/2000; the plate indicates it is Delta, but I'm not sure if that was for the handle conversion kit or indeed same for the valve. Attached are pictures I took to expose the valve. Are there any cartridge that one can replace to fix this kind of valve.

Please advice. Thank you.

Attachments

• Front.IMG_1787.jpg
    Front.IMG_1787.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,453
  • HandleRemoved0.IMG_1788.jpg
    HandleRemoved0.IMG_1788.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,929
  • HandleRemoved1.IMG_1789.jpg
    HandleRemoved1.IMG_1789.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,436
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Valve.IMG_1791.jpg
    Valve.IMG_1791.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,539

bang0r

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information.

I just like to update the forum that both Lowes and Home Depot carries the Delta 600 replacement parts I needed.
I settled for the Delta RP4993 seats & spring, the RP70 steel ball and the rubber washer.
I also come across this Delta 600 repair tutorial video at http://diyplumbingadvice.com/faucets/deltashower.shtml which caution about turning the dome too forcefully could result in breaking the 3 pipes in the valves. In my case, the dome came off quite easily.

No more dripping tub facet! Rejoice!

sloan-strap-wrench.jpg

rp4993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks