Need advice on fixing Delta 600 shower/tub valve - dripping water

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by bang0r, Oct 16, 2013.

1. bang0r

bang0r New Member

I'd like to seek advices from this forum on how to fix a leaking shower/tub valve.
    This valve came with the house when we moved in in the 1990/2000; the plate indicates it is Delta, but I'm not sure if that was for the handle conversion kit or indeed same for the valve. Attached are pictures I took to expose the valve. Are there any cartridge that one can replace to fix this kind of valve.

Please advice. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

They make replacement parts for the Delta 600

[​IMG]
  3. bang0r

bang0r New Member

Thank you very much for the information.

I just like to update the forum that both Lowes and Home Depot carries the Delta 600 replacement parts I needed.
    I settled for the Delta RP4993 seats & spring, the RP70 steel ball and the rubber washer.
    I also come across this Delta 600 repair tutorial video at http://diyplumbingadvice.com/faucets/deltashower.shtml which caution about turning the dome too forcefully could result in breaking the 3 pipes in the valves. In my case, the dome came off quite easily.

No more dripping tub facet! Rejoice!