Naches Peak Loop Trail, Cayuse Pass and Chinook Pass

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Naches Peak Loop Trail, located near Cayuse Pass and Chinook Pass and part of the Cascade Crest Trail system.

Distance, round-trip: 3.5 Miles

Elevation gain: 500 feet

Hiking time: Two hours

I find this to be an easy enjoyable hike with great views of Mt Rainier. I've done this as a moonlight hike with flashlight, and on a nice Summer day. There doesn't seem to be a bad way to do this.
If you park at Tipsoo Lake, you won't need a parking pass. If you park near the overhead bridge on the Chinook Pass portion of the hike, that one does require a parking pass. The part of the hike that's in the National forest doesn't allow pets.

Park at Tipsoo Lake, .5 mile west of Chinook Pass on SR 410. For a clockwise hike of the Naches Peak Loop Trail, follow the trail from the picnic area to Chinook Pass and the Pacific Crest Trail.

naches_peak_loop_map.jpg

naches_loop_5111.jpg

Mount Rainier from the Naches Loop Trail.
We did the loop clockwise, and coming around a bend, we were greated with this sight.

naches_loop_5109.jpg

Dewey Lake behind us.

naches_loop_5104.jpg

Tipsoo Lake

naches_loop_5115.jpg

naches_loop_5105.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks