Sauk Mountain Trail 613, Rockport Washington. With pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sauk Mountain Trail, #613 near Rockport State Park. The forest service road #1030 is off of State Route 20, East of Concrete and before you get to Rockport. If you come by way of Darrington, you turn left on State Route 20, drive past the park, and #1030 shows up on the right. Sauk Mountain Trail.
My mother used to love this hike when she could still hike the hight mountains. It's a fairly easy grade with swictchbacks up 1,100 feet to the top. You do need to be careful that you don't kick rocks off the trail, as there are often others below you.

baker_3228.jpg

Looking over at Mt Baker to the Northeast.

sauk_3201.jpg

Looking toward the South toward the Skagit river down the valley. To the right is the low cloud cover that hung over the Puget Sound area all day. We were just beyond it, and in the bright sunlight.

sauk_3216.jpg

Below are two groups of hikers making their way up the switchbacks. That little gray spot below them and to the right is the parking lot. You can see about nine cars there.

sauk_3246.jpg

Glacier Peak. One of Washington's volcanos.

sauk_3249.jpg

And looking North

sauk_3238.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
sauk_3271.jpg

sauk_3276.jpg

sauk_map.jpg

sauk_3260.jpg

sauk_3259.jpg

sauk_3233.jpg

October 20th 2013
Near the top here looking down.
It was 61 degrees at the trail head below. By the time we were here, we were wishing we had brought shorts.

Cookie

Reaction score
I'll look at the other images later, I am looking at yours, lol. you look great!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks