Kohler Tub Spout Shower Diverter Leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

OhGeorge

Reaction score
Our shower diverter just started to leak (i.e., fails to divert 100% of the water to the shower). Is there a kit to correct this problem or do I ask Kohler to send me a replacement spout. I was just on their website and I beleive I have identified the spout from their current parts catalogue. I accidentally broke a hand-held shower from Kohler and they replaced it free under their lifetime guarantee program, so I imagine I can get another spout from them, too, as they have been very customer oriented. Lastly, if I need to replace the spout is this something a handy homeowner can do? Thanks in advance to all responses. Take care everyone and have a great holiday. George

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Spouts generally are fairly easy to replace. They usually fall into two types...push on, or screw on. The push on types have a set screw accessable from underneath that needs to be loosened first, then it just slides off (unless yo uneed to cut the caulk). The other type is screwed on, so you just unscrew it. Replacing it requires some pipe dope or teflon tape. Sometimes a handle from a screwdriver into the downspout gives you the leverage you need to remove it. A wrench could be used to remove it, but not a great idea (unles syou have a strap wrench) to install the new one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks