Kohler Ciumarron

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by gaffer9, Oct 10, 2011.

1. gaffer9

gaffer9 New Member

I bought a Kohler Cimarron toulet from Home Depot three days ago and had it professionally installed.
    It never worked!
    After pressing the lever it staayed down and never sprang up again, so the water continued to drain through. I eventually discovered that it would work properly if the tank lid wasn't on. The installer must have demonstrated it to me with the lid off.
    The flush lever inside the tank would swing up into the lid space and foul the lip of the tank lid. In fact there is a mark on the lid where it scraped.
    I shortened the chain one link and I tried to bend the lever away from the wall. It was very stiff so I am not sure I succeeded in bending it, but anyway that cured it.
    Why would Kohler permit such a flawed design?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Kohler is flying Jamie and I out to Wisconsin in November. It should give us a chance to meet with people there.
  3. xlr8tion

xlr8tion P.E. (Professional Engineer)

Don't get pulled to the "dark side"! Being from WI...I know you'll probably be staying at the Kohler Resort...POSH.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that's where we're staying. We're doing the golfing clinic with them too. Jamie golfs, but Saturday was only the fourth time I've golfed. It should be fun. Last year I went to Detroit and stayed a few days with Flushmate and did their classes.
  5. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Drove by there today on the way back from Door County.

It was 70F this afternoon, but I think that will be the end of it.
    We will probably see snowflakes before you make it to Kohler.