Kohler Cimmaron 1.6g vs. Toto Drake II | Kohler Veil vs. Toto Aquia Wall Hung

Users who are viewing this thread

BRoss

Reaction score
Hi, tried to search for answers before posting but couldn't find any.

I have two new toilets I need to get for an apartment--a round floor mounted toilet, and a wall hung toilet. Down to two options for each, and the prices are about the same. My previous toilet had a flushometer handle which, while super loud, could flush a small shoe! So flush power is important to me. As is installation ease and easiness to keep clean.

For floor mount: Kohler Cimmaron 1.6g vs. Toto Drake II
For wall hung: Kohler Veil vs. Toto Aquia

Any advice?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Let's see pictures of what you're replacing. A wall mount that used a flushometer would be a 4 bolt pattern and a 1" water supply. the Kohler Cimmaron and the TOTO Drake are 12" rough bowls that use a 1/2" supply at the wall, threaded down to something like 3/8",comp 1/2" comp and 1/2" IP.
Many floor mounts that use a flushometer are a 10" rough from the wall.
The Kohler Veil and TOTO Aqua are in wall tanks, so once you open the wall, are there pipes in the way, or are you framing out the wall to make that happen?

BRoss

Reaction score
Thanks Terry!

First to clarify -- the flushometer toilet I mentioned was in my previous (rental) apartment. The two toilets I'm replacing in this apartment we just bought is part of a renovation.

Toilet #1
American Standard, 12" rough-in...this toilet is the original toilet from when this apartment was built in 1960. Replacing this toilet in original location with existing rough-in.

Toilet #2
A Kohler floor-mount, that we're converting this toilet into a wall mount a few inches over. We have to move the toilet over a few inches to make the bathroom wheelchair compliant and the only way to do that is put the toilet in the wall. There's room for the tank in the wall.

Attachments

• Toilet1_Front.jpg
    Toilet1_Front.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Toilet1_Ground.jpg
    Toilet1_Ground.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Toilet2_Ground.jpg
    Toilet2_Ground.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 257

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toilet 1, the American Standard looks to be a very tight space. Normally would have 30" for that, 15" from center to each side.
Toilet 2, The ADA bowl needs more clearance than that side to side. I would think either the Veil or the Aquia should work fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks