Kohler Bathtub Faucet Installation

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Steve@Raleigh, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Steve@Raleigh

Steve@Raleigh New Member

Hello...I am in the process of installing a Kohler bathtub faucet. The installation provides 2 install methods: "Slip-fit" and "Threaded". I need to install the threaded version. The faucet comes from the factory set up as "slip-fit". There are no instructions on how to convert or remove the slip-fit innards of the faucet to make it ready for threaded installation. Is it easy? (as I do not want to force to remove the plastic slip-fit innards and damage the faucet)
    Thanks Steve
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Give us the model number of the tub/shower valve and/or the part number of the spout, so we can look at the details.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The ONLY combination slipfit/threaded valves I have ever seen, including Kohler, have "MALE" threads on the connections that you screw "female" adapters to, and WHY do you HAVE to use the threaded option? What is the valve model, because I am unsure what you mean by "plastic slip fit innards", unless this is a do-it-yourself model I have not encountered so far.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member