Installing a Tankless Water Heater, with Video

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Terry, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Here is a nice video of Tankless Guy's installation of a Navien Tankless Water Heater.

[video=youtube;U7kzE0IzbgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7kzE0IzbgA[/video]
  2. mcconnellplumbing

mcconnellplumbing Scotsman

The A in 240 A designates a circulating system with buffer tank. I didn't see the circulation loop return line installed or tied in at the bottom of the unit, the condensate drain line installed, or the temp and pres. relief valve drain installed. In the attic I would question the rigid plastic water filter and cannister unless in a warm climate. Code requirements here do not allow the condensate drain to tie into the T & P drain line. They also require a pan and pan drain under the tankless water heater.
  3. mcconnellplumbing

mcconnellplumbing Scotsman

One other note, by using the 3/4" Vanpex fittings, you are effectively reducing the inside diameter of the water line to 1/2" at each fitting. The unit has 3/4" inlets and the reduced inside diameter fittings will reduce the potential volume of water flow through the unit. We use 3/4" hard copper, type L or use 3/4" Wirsbo/Aquapex fittings and tubing. Good to see a real 3/4" ID gas supply line. A lot of plumbers use a 5/8" ID flex gas supply and it will limit the gas flow and throw the unit into an error code when running high.
  4. markstoppard

markstoppard New Member

Very nice...thanks for posting! This should help me get started :)
  5. BizzyBeePlumbing

BizzyBeePlumbing New Member

agree with mcconnel
  6. trytankless

trytankless New Member

This video is very helpful. I actually sent it to a couple friends of mine who are on the fence about switching to tankless.