State of the Tankless Market, 2024 Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe B

Reaction score
For those experienced with tankless boilers, who has the highest quality product out there these days? Lochinvar? Bosch? Reem? Navien?

I'm curious about some of the lesser-known high quality manufacturers too. Who's got the best boiler on the market that can do both hydronic heating and DHW?

Thanks for your suggestions. (I am anticipating replacing a 15-year old Navien.)

Fitter30

Reaction score
Not going to comment which is the best because a contractor deals with one or two brands because of the relationship with the supply house or distributor. So if there are problems they have a edge over someone that has no relationship. Condensing boilers are only 95% efficient have to have return water 140° or cooler above they drop to 87%. DHW side have to have dissolved solids (hard water) under control and do the recommended yearly maintenance. Mineral deposits are your enemy. There is a fine line between a fouled hx that you replace the unit because the hx is junk and one that is still good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks