In the Trades Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you are "in the trades" and would like to see some of the behind the scene discussion, just let me know.

We have a special membership for professional trade members.

Plumbers
Electricians
Pump Installers
Drywall contractors
Tile setters
HVAC
Boilers
Irrigation
Remodel contractors

lovesplumbing@comcast.net

LTL19563

Plumbing
Reaction score
I am in the plumbing supply business & have been for over 30 years. Small family owned business in the southeast who prides ourselves on knowledge. We help the DIY's as well as the trade w/installation problems &/or questions. Would love to be a part of the behind the scenes.

nowfree

Journeyman Plumber
Reaction score
Hi Terry,

I just found your site, and what a vast amount of knowledge can be found here. If it can not found, a posted question warrants response from very experienced professionals, or close to it anyway in some cases. I have been a plumber in Idaho/Washington for almost 11 years now. Mostly Coeur d'Alene/Spokane area, both residential and commercial. Before becoming a plumber, I had over 13 years of wholesale plumbing, heating, and industrial supply experience. I really got tired of seeing the nice trucks most of the plumbers drove and jumped over the counter. I thought I knew something about plumbing after selling it for so long. Ya, something is what I knew. What a huge difference between knowing what a plumbing item IS, and what or how it is used, correctly... I would like to be added to the behind the scene discussion.

Your status has been changed to Tradesmen, welcome aboard!
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipewrench

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just found the site and really enjoy reading all the discussions. I've been in plumbing service work for about 9 years. I've had my journeyman plumbing license and am currently studying for my masters test. I love what I do and would like to be part of the behind the scene discussions. I know some of the more experienced guys could probably give some helpful advice on the trade and starting up my own service company. No matter how long you do this kind of work you will never stop learning and I love that.

tbonebanjo

Plumbing Engineer
Reaction score
Greetings, Terry. Your site is an excellent resource!

Please include me in the "in the trades" forum. I am a plumbing engineer with 30 years experience designing commercial and high end residential plumbing systems. I also worked in the field "back in the day" on solar heating systems and hold a degree from Penn State University in Solar Heating Technology. I would be honored to contribute any information I have. I also greatly appreciate any information I can get in order to design projects that can be built in the field. This information best comes from the people who are out there every day.

Gary Beach

HVACR tech
Reaction score
I am a licensed HVACR tech. I also have a strong background in industrial solid state electronics. I currently work for Larson HVAC in Nixa Missouri where I also live.
I graduated from Basic Institute of Technology in Saint Louis Missouri in 86. I would like to be added to the pro forum please. I realy enjoyed some of the threads here and would like to read more and contribute in the professional forum.

It's switched over Gary, Welcome aboard!
Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:

Lburk

Technical Training Manager
Reaction score
I would like to join the pro forum please. I have a mere 35 years in the trade and haven't quite got it down pat yet. So until I do I would like to learn from any one I can. And with my present employ I will have some questions that may throw some guys here for a loop or any of the real old guys in to flash backs. Questions like why was Byers wrought iron pipe so special for so long, or what is Teagel-Lamco and what was it for. (My spelling for Teagle-Lamco may be incorrect, but either way guys no Googling for the answers. That just wouldn't be fair.) Thanks!

Nelrossen10

Reaction score
Moving Average - Volume Weighted (VWMA)
Definition

The Volume Weighted Moving Average is a weighted moving average that uses the volume as the weighting factor, so that higher volume days have more weight. It is a non-cumulative moving average, in that only data within the time period is used in the calculation.

ROBOCOD, You should have one available on your platform?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Can we assume that the post above is about the volume of waste in an average #2 flush vs a #1, and things like fixture units?

cad-cat

plumber/piping designer
Reaction score
Hello I am new to the site. i am a union plumber out of Detroit. I am now living/working in the Chicago area just over a year now. I would like to participate in "in the trades". please.

thank you

CodeGuru

Plumber
Reaction score
Hi Terry. Great site - I've been in the plumbing trade 15 years. Please add me as a tradesman, I'd like to participate in behind the scenes discussion.

Thanks!

Footman_75

Renovating
Reaction score
Hi Terry,

After years of using this forum as a resource, I have finally joined. For a modest ten years, I've been buying and renovating buildings in SW Ontario, mostly small residential apartments. A decade ago I bought my first building. It was a student apartment -- a so-called dog's breakfast. But it was all I could afford. So I fixed it up, increased the rent, then sold the place for a reasonable profit. Since then I've purchased and renovated 7 buildings. I love the trades and enjoy improving my skills. Having all major projects inspected by government authority has proven a great way to learn the trades. Though I am not licensed, I take a professional approach to my work, meaning that I take pride in doing it right, and in increasing my knowledge and skill set.

I understand if I don't qualify as a professional on this forum, but I am very glad to have finally joined. I look forward to future discussions here.

Regards.

godsplumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would like to be included in the trades discussion.
Also, I saw a guy dry fitting his piping system. He was using motor oil (10/40) inside the hubs before inserting the pipe, for a tight fit.
Does that raise any concerns with you?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks