I can't do this any more please HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

macdweller

Reaction score
My toilet has been broken at the floor for over a year now. I have gone over this forum (by the way thanks) over and over and I am just more confused. I finally decided to just out and out ask basically what I am looking for.

I want a toilet that has a skirted bottom most important.
I love the looks of the Aquia I II or III but was concerned over the cleaning
I want something that cleans well so I was hoping for CEFIONTECT

Background-
It's a remodel
Dual flush or whatever doesn't matter

Thanks, Jeannine

macdweller

Reaction score
No cleaning problems? Would you get the III? The difference on these is the height right?

macdweller

Reaction score
Would the Caryle possibly be a better choice? I see it has a skirt and also the CEFIONTECT. I noticed that the Aquia had a better Map rating though.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Vespin and the Carlyle are similar.

Both work very well.

cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.
The Vespin comes with a standard 12" adapter or you can order a 10" or 14" adapter depending on your rough-in distance.

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The only complaints i've had with the Aquia's is the size of the water area in the bowl.
Some people, i guess sit close to the front of the bowl and miss the water mark and have problem with skiding.

If you are concerned with that than the Carlyle will have a larger water area.

macdweller

Reaction score
That's a good thing to know. I would like to say thanks for the replies and to also give a big thanks for this board it's an invaluable resourse!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks