How to vent duravit/geberit wall hung toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jelly

Reaction score
Excellent, thanks again Peanut 9199. It was driving me crazy because I couldn't find it in any of the spec sheets - I thought something so crucial would certainly be there!

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Wall Hung Toilets

Don't over complicate the install. The 90 degree bend that exits the carrier can be set from straight up and down to up to a 45 degree angle. I have installed 2 wall mount toilets in the past 7 months that exit at about 22.5 degrees of vertical and into a 3"x3"x3" Y. We vented off the Y and the units work great.

Double up your 2x6 studs where the carrier bolts to take out some deflection in the wall.

Ask your plumber if he has installed one as even good plumbers only tackle the wall hungs on occasion.

John Whipple

AAnderson

In the Trades
Reaction score
Geberit venting

I'm doing this right now and had roughed my closet bend for a 3 1/2" from center of the closet riser to the leading edge of the bottom plate this would allow you to install a 3" X 2" wye if framing is roughed using 2" X 6" and break a 45 into the back of the 2" X 6" behind the carrier and up. I'm planning for a 18" finish height with seat when I set finish. BTW, the 90 elbow for waste discharge is HDPE and you use a no hub, so don't plan or try to glue this. The ring in the rough in box I got has one depth adjustment ring not two as shown in all of the paper work. Confirm this before starting any work. I'm off 1" out of rough due to Duravit's paper work and let the wholesaler have it this afternoon. Good Luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks