How to vent duravit/geberit wall hung toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jelly

Reaction score
I am a couple of weeks away from roughing in the plumbing on my new house. I want to use wall hung toilets and will probably go with Geberit concealed tank carrier mounts and Duravit toilet fixtures.

My main question is how do you vent such a toilet? I have spec sheets for
the in-wall carrier, and I see that where the waste outlet from the bowl
hits the outlet on the carrier assembly it takes a 90 degree turn to go
straight down. I am building slab on grade, and trying to figure out how
do I vent that drain?

The architect has suggested oversizing the drains to increase the volume of air instead of venting it. This doesn't sound like a great solution to me.

Help?

Jelly

Reaction score
Florida Orange, thanks for your reply. I am posting the link to the geberit spec sheet. On I think page 2 of the PDF you can see a cut view from the side. Directly above that waste outlet where you would think a vent would go, the mechanism for the flush actuator is in the way. I don't think one could go straight up from there. The whole thing has to fit in a 2 x 6 cavity space. Ideas?

http://www.geberit.us/CompleteDrawings/RI111-335-00-1.pdf

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Got it. It still needs a vent in there somewhere. It appears the 90 is a tight fit into the toilet, I wounder if it can be done from the side and the offset riser fitted with a 3x3x2 san tee....

Interesting thread on here involving those toilets: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12926

Maybe Peanut 9199 can chime in or be PM'd.

I'd still not listen to the arch. regarding plumbing.... =D

Jelly

Reaction score
Can't visualize what you're describing. Wouldn't the san tee still take us straight up from that 90?

If the lavatory sink is vented could I just wet vent the toilet?

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Can't visualize what you're describing. Wouldn't the san tee still take us straight up from that 90?

If the lavatory sink is vented could I just wet vent the toilet?

The vent could offset to avoid the location of the tank.
To answer your second question.......yes. I've just never seen it done like that (with a wall hung toilet) but I can't find anything against it. Your best bet would be to talk to the permitting department (If you are permitting the job) to get their feedback and what they would like to see.

Jelly

Reaction score
You're right FloridaOrange, I should talk to the chief inspector and ask what he would like to see. I just hope he doesn't say he wants to see it all thrown out! :eek:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
There is no special procedure for venting, it's like any other toilet depending on your States plumbing codes.
The drain pipe is 3" so if you connect it to a 3" drain pipe the maximum distance here is 6' so as long as you have vented it less than 6' your fine.
You do not have to go straight down into the ground, they do make a 45deg elbow that will allow you to run the pipe above ground.

Again that is the plumbing code here.
Carrier.JPG

Last edited:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Turn the 90 towards a vented line. I think you can just use the regular 90 that comes with it and turn it sideways to a vented line. That is what I did.

2nd note: a toilet is the one fixture that can be an S trap, so configuring the wall-mount as shown above can also be code, AFAIK, and I'm not a plumber.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Depending which bidet you choose the bidet will either have enough room inside the china to put a p/trap or the flat bottom ones will be open in the bottom to put a p/trap.

Flat
43555_web_prod_normal.jpeg
Flat 2.JPG

Round
43841_web_prod_normal.jpeg
Round bot.JPG

Jelly

Reaction score
Peanut9199, thank you for responding. I'm looking at the Starck3, by the way, technical drawings at this link:

http://www.duravit.com/products/categories/bidets/starck-3/bidet-wall-mounted--223015_2100_93613_useo6q3rvu.html

I guess I wasn't reading that drawing correctly. So am I correct in that the wall mounted Starck3 bidet is an open bottom version?

Any experience with the Starck3, bidet or toilet? I think probably all the Duravit models are top quality. This one seems to have a nice look as well as being more available stateside with less wait-time than some of their other models.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Yes it will be open in the bottom so if you looked from the floor you would see the bottom of the p/trap.
I've sold 3 this year so far and 7 last year.
I haven't recieved any call backs, but then i usually don't get many call back for wall mounted toilets.
The only time i get a call backs is for missing pieces and it always seems to be the same parts kit and the plumber usually throws it away (but they say it's missing).

Jelly

Reaction score
Peanut9199, am I correct that the drain for the bidet is 1.5 inch (one and a half inch)? Rough-in is day after tomorrow! :eek:

Jelly

Reaction score
Peanut9199 thanks again for your help...

So the stub-out that I place coming up from under the slab to go into the wall to connect to the Geberit wall mount bidet carrier should be 1.25 inch?

And the rough-in drain stub-out for the Geberit wall mount toilet carrier should be 3 inch (measured by the diameter of the inside of the drain), correct?

Sorry if I'm being redundant, but I keep getting misinformation and various answers from 1. the architect, 2. the duravit online sales person, 3. the Geberit rep. You're my only hope Peanut9199!

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Reaction score
I know the bidet is 1-1/4" it uses the same pop up as a lavatory basin.
I checked the specification and installation manuals for the in wall carrier, but nothing in the literature tells me the pipe connection size of the in-wall carrier.
http://geberit.us/catalog/catalog.php?PartNum=111.510.00.1
You can use 1-1/2" pipe in the wall and reduce down when connecting to the p/trap underneath the bidet, that doesn't make any difference.
I will call Geberit today and ask them what the connection size is.

You always go by the I.D (inside dimension) as the O.D (outside dimension) will change depending on the material of the pipe and that is 3".

Install.JPG

http://geberit.us/catalog/catalog.php?PartNum=111.335.00.5

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks