How do I make the spout or spigot turn the right way?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mad Plumber, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

My name is Nick, I'm an American living and running a small home school center in Malaysia and have some plumbing issues.

My issue is that I would like to know the trick in making a spigot face the right direction when screwing it onto the pipe. Mine always tightens in the wrong direction. Should I use a lot of tape or pipe glue or washer?

Thanks
    Nick
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you are tightening a threaded connection, you have to decide when to stop. A tub spout or shower arm is similar. You can use thread sealant (dope) or Tape on the threads. I find that a few wraps of tape gives you more leeway in that situation.
    You don't have to bust a gut, just tight enough to prevent leaking.