Hot and cold reversed on Moen single handle faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by justinren, Nov 10, 2011.

1. justinren

justinren New Member

I just replaced my Moen single handle faucet in the kitchen (sorry I didn't realize this was the bath section) and hot is supposed to come out on the left hand side and cold out of the right but turns out it's the exact opposite. What do I need to do to reverse it?
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. zl700

zl700 DIY Senior Member

Pull the cartridge out and reverse it 180 degrees
  3. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

No need to pull the cartridge. Just remove the handle and turn the stem 180 degrees.

John
  4. justinren

justinren New Member

Thanks guys, that worked perfectly!
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

qquote;
    Pull the cartridge out and reverse it 180 degrees

Do that and the faucet will operate EXACTLY the same way. Some time ago, I tried to get customer to take the handle off and rotate the stem 180 degrees, but he insisted on removing the cartridge and rotating it. I had to drive 25 miles there and back to rotate the stem for him and charged him 1 1/2 hours time, including travel, to do it.​