Help with tub supply/drain rough

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Hi all,

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I’m back for some help from the great people who contribute on this forum.

We’re looking at this house that was new construction build that some of the final fixtures and finishes were never done.

In the master the plumbing for the tub is stubbed out but I am not clear if it is laid out right. I thought it was for a freestanding tub, but the spacing of the supply and drain lines seems off.

Does anyone know what fixtures or tub setup these roughs are used for?

Thanks
Rem

Attachments

• B2776D03-D56F-47C7-8CFE-61304FD18551.jpeg
    B2776D03-D56F-47C7-8CFE-61304FD18551.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 206

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have no idea. Where is the vent for that drain?
Does the drain have a p-trap?
If this a free standing tub? Or is a wall missing? Yep, it's pretty rough at this point. That's a nice tile job though.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I believe it’s for a freestanding tub. Going to also assume there is a p-trap below.

I can only see this working if I use a drop in tub that I build an enclosure for. I would much rather do a freestanding.

Is my only option to open up that tile to see what’s going on and/or reconfigure the stub outs?

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi all,

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I’m back for some help from the great people who contribute on this forum.

We’re looking at this house that was new construction build that some of the final fixtures and finishes were never done.

In the master the plumbing for the tub is stubbed out but I am not clear if it is laid out right. I thought it was for a freestanding tub, but the spacing of the supply and drain lines seems off.

Does anyone know what fixtures or tub setup these roughs are used for?

Thanks
Rem

Looks like they rouged it in for a free-standing tub. But the plumbing is there, so you can easily modify it for whatever you need.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like they rouged it in for a free-standing tub. But the plumbing is there, so you can easily modify it for whatever you need.

1.) Most of the freestanding tub faucets/fillers I have found are single and appear to have their own mounting flange & connections. The limited selection of separate hot and cold pipe (like old clawfoot style) appear to require wall supports. There are a few that appear to be self supporting.

2.) All of the freestanding tubs I find that have right drains (not center) are several inches away from the supply line and certainly not in the center of them.

None appear to have this HOT and COLD supply line with the drain in the center :-(

free-standing-tub-faucet-15.jpg

free-standing-tub-faucet-14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumber01

In the Trades
Reaction score
Clawfoot tub. The drain and water supplies are roughed in close.

Doesn't mean that particular rough in is correct though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks